Monday, August 22, 2011

Argentinian Pink Shrimp

Holy mother of pearls. These were on SALE at the HT. Hello! Sign me up. I got a pound of WILD CAUGHT little sweet darlings for 5 dollars. You can't buy a bag of farm raised frozen for that. So- what did we cook?

I was inspired by this Belly Burner Dish and yes I took some liberties but more of less this is where I got the idea. Plus I had avocados- and being highly perishable I needed to use them.

Preheat your broiler and move your oven rack to the top. 
Over your pound of shell-on, tail-on shrimp: add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper with 2 tsp honey and 2 tsp peanut oil.
Mix to coat well.


Broil for 4 min on one side- turn and broil for 4 min on the other. 
They should be opaque in the middle when they are done.

Get out a large skillet or wok heat ~1 tsp of peanut oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 of an onion and 1 pepper that you have diced PLUS 1 medium shredded carrot.
Saute until tender and onion is translucent. 
Add in 1 1/2 c brown rice.


Add in 1 tsp sesame seeds and 1 tsp minced garlic.
 Mix well.


Crack one egg over the top. 
Mix it around until cooked. 
So technical.


Add into bowls. Dice 1/2 avocado and add onto each bowl.

Add shrimp on top.


So yummy.
We had a ton of shrimp left over. 
We ate these as an app the next day- they were even good reheated!


No comments:

Post a Comment