Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let's get SAUCED!!!!

Ok: TRUTH. I am a sucker for a cleverly named eatery. I am also a sucker for an eatery located less than a mile away from my house. It could be said that the love affair that has blossomed between Sauced and I was written in the stars.  Sauced is opened late and gets packed in a hurry at about 2 am. And I may confess this too is how I discovered this eatery. Who can resist a place whose motto is “get sauced” when you are in fact sauced? Not me- it drew me in like a moth to a flame. I have since eaten there sans copious amounts of CH3CH2OH or in shortened science geekery:  EtOH. This my friends is the magical crunk chemical equation of our beloved beverages of choice.



Sauced is located at the back side of the creamery on Glenwood and boasts a menu featuring New York-style pizza using quality fresh ingredients on their over sized thin crust creations.  There are daily drink and food specials and a full bar if you get there before closing time. The inside is decorated with locale photos and college sports memorabilia.



While the menu has all the classics of hoagies and calzones- I have always gotten the pizza. On this particular visit I went with the classic mushroom pizza and a side salad. Simple but delicious. And the pizza is so big, I usually can only eat just one.  The slices are made to order with dough made fresh daily. I also enjoy getting “The Popeye” which is loaded with mushrooms, fresh spinach and roma tomatoes.


The hubs went with an appetizer of the buffalo nuggets, which he said are always a winner. Naturally for his pizza choice he ordered the ”Wolfpack” which is chicken, bar-b-que sauce and red onions.  He has also gotten “Final Four” featuring Italian sausage, mushroom, onion and green pepper.  The majority of the menu items, if you have not caught on yet do have regional names, so everyone can go home happy.



*Insider Information Alert!*

On this particular day, the hubs has called in the order and I picked it up on my way home from work. When I went in- who do I see but my old friend from Jasmin Mediterranean bistro! No lie- Jasmin is amazing.  I know so many people that have been converted to loving this style of food solely because of Jasmin. Jasmin purchases all their ingredients from the farmer’s market daily and describes their food as Lebanese Greek cuisine- but I describe it as addictive. With that said their Tabbouleh is like methamphetamine and when I was in grad school I went in everyday to get a fix.  It didn’t help that I could see the place from my office window and it would call my name through misty like zephyrs and I HAD to answer.  Deep Breath. I’ll be ok. (Now do y'all understand why he probably he recognized me over 2 years later? Nuts.) It was my surprise when he said he now owns Sauced! He is doing an entire overhaul of the menu and is bringing in some of the flavors everyone loves to the pizza and appetizers! I will admit this was last month, and I have yet to see the change in the menu.  Unfortunately if you read Sauce’s reviews everyone has the oh so funny comment of “you have to be sauced to like sauced.” Y’all know I disagree, but whatevs. I have yet to see a negative review since under new management. SO I am excited for Sauce’s future. I will keep everyone posted on the changes- but remember you heard it here first!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice write-up, Sara! Justin is the new owner who you spoke of, in case you were looking for a first name :-)

    Thanks again,
    Lisa for Sauced Pizza

    ReplyDelete