Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's 9 o clock! On the Dot! I'm in my drop top crusin' the streets!

Actually. It was 9 o clock and sadly I was in no drop top, nor was I cruising the streets. It was 9 and Todd and I realized we hadn't eaten dinner yet. Opps. Todd usually doesn't get home until around 7:30, so we are used to eating late. And.... I usually come home and take a nap because while I have been out of school for over a year, I just can't shake my naps. I feel like I making up for all the naps I lost as a child.

Story time! 
As legend has it I did not sleep for more than an hour until about 4 years old. Opps. Sorry Mama and Papa Shute! While Papa Shute has a flair for the hyperbole (and now y’all know where I get it from) this apparently has some truth to it. My sister and I are 1 year and 17 days apart and girlfriend had to be relocated to my brother’s room so that she could get some sleep.  This was largely due to my refusal to sleep, a pinch of not wanting to be a part of any of the action splashed with taking a friend traveling down that slippery slope of insomnia with me. I also did not nap. Ever. Nap time was the worst! Now I can’t believe at one point in my life I was REQUIRED to do so.  And now what I wouldn't give to be able to curl up on a soft mat under my desk and siesta mid-day. If I had only known then what I'd be missing as an adult I would have taken every napping opportunity I could!
THE END.

What was I saying? Oh yes. It’s late and I needed to make dinner quick. So how about shiitake mushroom and brie frittatas!??! YES!  Preheat your oven to 350.

Sautee ½ cup of chopped onion until soft.


Add your chopped mushrooms and cook until they start to turn to a darker color.


In a separate bowl beat together 2 whole eggs with 4 egg whites. (or 4 whole eggs if you’re not watching your waistline). Add in 3 tbsps of grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp rosemary and salt and pepper.



Slice your brie and place on top of the mixture. It will stay on top. Cook almost all the way through until the top is still liquid.


Place in the oven to finish cooking. It is done when cooked through, brown on top and the cheese is gooey.




Cut into sections and serve. So good. And ya’ll know I love the brie and shiitake combo!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I gotta stop reading your blog right before lunch, makes me so hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete