Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stacks on Deck

Patron on ice....

Truth time. Saturday night I dreamed about mozzarella cheese. No joke. Straight up cheese dream. Anytime I see a diet where there is even a mention or thought of having to give up cheese I look away. Moderation my friend, no elimination. On a side note- extremes suck! Black or white- nope not me I am a diplomat through and through- gray areas are much more comfortable.

So I present to you the result of my cheese dream: eggplant tomato mozzarella stacks.

Gather your supplies: eggplants, ripe tomato, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.


Preheat your oven to 350.
Slice your eggplants and arrange on a baking sheet. Salt and pepper each side. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are soft (mine took 15 minutes).


While you're waiting go ahead and slice your tomatoes. Can we talk about how ripe these are?


One the eggplants are done cooking- create your stacks. Eggplant- tomato- eggplant- tomato.


Adorn each stack with a circle of mozzarella cheese- if you don't have fresh you could use shredded if in a pinch.
Bake for 20 additional minutes.


Look how melty and good!


I ate like 4 stacks for lunch. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment