Friday, July 29, 2011

Fiesta Fiesta Rice

I just want you to know when I wrote Fiesta Fiesta I immediately heard R Kelly and Jay Z in my head- 
After the show it's the after party, then after the party it's the hotel lobby and after the Belve then it's probably Cris and after the original it's probably this! 

And because I answer your hard hitting questions- no I have never tasted Cristal- but I have tried each kind of Andre and I can report you should skip the strawberry and go for the classic Brut. (You're welcome.)

So we're eating more brown rice in our household and this can get pretty boring pretty fast just as my tomatoes are rotting pretty fast- so let's combo the two!

If you're in a pinch (like I was) use a pre-cooked Seeds of Change or you can go ahead with dry rice and cook as specified on the package directions.


Add some lime and cilantro for zip and freshness.


Slice some ripe tomato- yum!


This corn is left over from when I had roasted some earlier this week. (To roast preheat your oven to 350 and roast in husk for 30-40 minutes- easy as that!) Cut straight off the hull and into the bowl.


Season liberally with salt and pepper. I tasted and thought it was missing a little something. So I made it pop with a little smoky cumin and a little spicy chili powder.


Mix and serve with your favorite protein! 


No comments:

Post a Comment