Thursday, August 11, 2011

Frankly Scallop, I Don't Give a Clam!

Brief hiatus and I am back with a vengeance! Miss me much?

Update- I finally got the go ahead from the ortho doc - one more week to wait for all ball sports but all systems are go for yoga! For my 3 week activity ban involving my fingers, I re-discovered deep water aerobics which I loved! Amazing core work out and I was actually sore the next day. AND I did a LOT of aerobics- and now (surprise surprise) I want to work to become an instructor. So put that on the back burner for now.

Here is you Thursday deliciousness- BAKED SCALLOPS.
These are OMG good and WTC ate the lot so you know they were tasty. I got the recipe here, so this is not an SSC original or adaptation on an ole fave- just a straight up jeez what am I going to do with these little guys!

Preheat to 400 degrees.


Put your bay scallops into a baking dish- we only have to feed two people so I bought 1/2 pound. Cover in 4 tbsp melted butter. 

Now- onto the mix!

Mix 1/2 c bread crumbs (I used panko), 1/2 parm cheese. Then spice this up a bit with 1/2 tsp each of dried parsley and paprika (I was surprised I had both these on hand) and 1 tsp each of onion and garlic powder.


Add in garlic (about 2 tbsp if you buy pre minced in a jar like I do or 3 gloves if you care to get out that mincer that is a chore to clean)

Cover your scallops with the mix and bake for 20 minutes.

Voila! A tasty and not so healthy protein for you to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment