Wednesday, August 31, 2011

House tour! Part two....

Ok! Thank for hanging in there. Wish I could have had some better pictures from the meal because it truly was delicious.

Shall we begin? I know the anticipation is killing you.

This is our bedroom. This room is not done. I need a mirror on the left wall and pictures and some type of painting. It will come. Isn't our bed great? This was perfect for the space. It has drawers up and down the right and left and it's a platform bed- so it has even more drawers around the perimeter- 6 in fact. It gives me exactly what I wanted- clean lines and lots of storage. Oh yes and the second monogram! This is courtesy of my sister and she got it from Harry Smidgepodge in Jamestown, NC. You all should check it out


This is the view from the bad corner. We mounted our TV to save space. And it is kind of nice when we're in bed. I was never a big TV watcher for bedtime but after 7+ years with WTC- you get used to it.


And now, for my favorite thing. My closet. Besides the massive amount of t shirts in the top (which are indeed organized) this makes me happy every time I open it. Everything is hung based on what it is (skirts, dresses with straps, fall dresses, winter dresses, button downs). Below is my white assessory bin (scarves, headbands, mittens, hats etc). There are two canvas bins that hold socks and the other holds bathing suits. Ok- enough on that!


I also have massive amounts of jewelry in my closet. I like to hand them because 1) I can easily pair them with outfits when I can see what I'm working with and 2) no more tangles! This is but an excerpt of what can also be described as art in itself.


Master bathroom time! Here is the garden tub. When I am stressed out from work I can and often do spend hours in here decompressing. Above are what my sister lovingly dubbed "the big booty hoes." I will say they are black and white, rough, kind of cartoony paintings I did of three ladies whose behinds are quite ample. I wanted to do some tasteful nudes and apparently for me that translates to apple bottoms.


This is the shower and also the hutch (Bed, Bath and beyond) which holds my makeup, more jewelry and our towels.

Exiting down the hall is the spare bedroom- which is directly across from the pantry.


This is another old panting. I won't tell you what my sister thinks this one is. It's abstract trees and what they would look like if view in a water reflection- paneled out.


This is my Burl Wood Dresser that was one of my favorite things from my Granny. I was very happy and lucky to get it and I baby it. The candle sticks above were a wedding present from my English Great Aunties and cousin Anne.

Last but not least. WTC's man room. You only get half of it because the last part needs two people to hang it and unfortunately WTC has been dragging his feet. That's right- this chica is the constructionista of the house. If it required assembly- I assembled. If it needed hanging- I hung it it. It needed to be built- that's right just call me bob the builder. He picked out the color for the room and we went with red, black and white- for obvious alma mater reasons.


This room will also be our office- hence the desk.


This is the bar. See those tape marks above? Those are marking the studs for the second red hanger. It is identical to the vertical one pictured earlier but we are opting to hang it horizontally to go above the bar and introduce some geometric elements to the room. WTC also has a signed Phillip Rivers jersey which will be hanging somewhere- eventually. Patience is a virtue they tell me. I must not be very virtuous.


Ok! Hope y'all enjoyed the tour. See you back tomorrow for some YUM food eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment