Monday, August 29, 2011

House tour! Part one...

So apparently EtCoO was experiencing technical difficulties and none of my schedule posts- posted!

Today will be the entrance, living room, kitchen and spare bathroom. Wednesday will be the bedrooms!

WTC and I became homeowners for the first time last July. We were very grateful to relocate out of Cary's lesser known part: Spanish Harlem. That is an adventure worth sharing for another day. So here we are a little over a year later and our quaint little downtown home is more or less done being decorated. Home ownership has been interesting to say the least. I think we have experienced everything that one can never hope to experience EVER- and hey- it wasn't that bad. (Lordy did it seem that way when it was happening though!)

So here we go! Round one-

As you walk through the door, you are in our living room. The couch folds out into a Queen bed for extra space for guests.


This is the view from the left side corner. As you can see our bedroom is right off to the right when you enter the home. The far wall has a photo college and 4 pieces I painted which are meant to transition the color scheme from the living room to the kitchen. The pillows were from this very modern and funky kiosk in Black Lion (Charlotte) and I had to have them. Mama Shute and I were together and we essentially planned the room based off of the long pillow and the chair which you see pictured below. I knew I loved the thought of lime green with the gray walls and presto chango you have the theme for the room! Moms made the other pillow and then gifted the purple blanket for Christmas to tie that color in as well.


This is one my of favorite pieces about our house- the green chair (Black Lion). Cooper is doing SUCH a good job of posing in front of it. You can also see the print on the curtains (IKEA). I wanted long. tall. curtains. And IKEA had these which I loved. They add even more height to the 10 foot ceilings and I couldn't be happier with them.


Did I mention it was my favorite chair? Of course I did, therefore Sir Rupert has taken it over as HIS own. Here is a lovely picture of the besties together!


Here is the kitchen. We have four lovely bar stools (Overstock.com) and this is where we eat- there is no dining room. And to be frank- does anyone REALLY eat in their dining rooms besides holidays? I don't know about y'all but WTC and I have YET to celebrate a holiday in this home- and really don't plan to with the parentals down in Charlotte. So I don't really miss NOT having one.


I love the wine rack. I bought this at IKEA and I feel like it fits with the modern sleek look I was going for. Notice the two pig watering cans- both different and were gifted to me on two separate occasions from two separate people. GO Figure!


This is the view from the second bedroom and you can see our pantry. Our house did not come with a pantry- and we needed one- no questions asked. Well, well, welll- what did I discover in IKEA but bookcases. Not only bookcases- but bookcases with DOORs. DUH. Insta-pantry! The first IKEA trip they did not have the doors and it took almost a year later for me to make it back down there- but I did. Let me tell you pantry with doors was much prettier than pantry sans door.


Another shot of the painting- and our tailgating grill! (Usually that is stored away)


This is an older painting that I did back in 2008 and is in the hallway entrance to the spare bathroom.


The spare bathroom! The paintings on the back wall are a dyptic I did in 2009 with the help of the kids I used to nanny in college and grad school. They helped me get down the base paint and then I went back through and added in the colors and umph I thought it needed.


Monogramed towels! The first monogram of the house (there are more),


Well that about does it! Come back Wednesday for part 2 of the house tour. Tomorrow we have a restaurant review for you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment