Friday, August 12, 2011

Patty Pan Patty Pan Bakers Man... errr?

So wrong rhyme but a yummy summer dish- basil butter patty pan squash. In our produce box last week we got some hydroponic basil and I wanted to use it all before it began to turn black and die. We also got a mixed squash variety which included two little patty pan squash! So google search and BAM- recipe time! Actually, fun fact this recipe came up with just the "patty pan squash" as the boolean- no basil included! What luck!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Slice your patty pans (which I think look like space ships).


Artfully arrange in a pan in a single layer.

Cover with melted butter and fresh basil strips (you'll get my how-to next Tuesday- oooo a teaser- I'm so bad!).

Keep stacking repeating the butter and basil combo.
Bake for 30 minutes.


Yum! Tastes like summer!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I've got a ton of basil in the garden and I'm always looking for new ideas for summer squash. Yum!

    Best,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete