Monday, August 15, 2011

PAULA DEEN DON'T HAVE A HEART ATTACK BUT I USED UP ALL MY BUTTER!

AH! Well making Friday's basil patty pan I used all my butter before I got an intense CRAVING for some peach cobbler! I had two HUGE peaches which smelled INSANE and were about to go bad. What better way to use them than in a cobbler? Plus- WTC causally noted earlier that day- hey I defrosted the whipped cream if you're going to bake anything sweet. Um what? DONE. Cobbler was getting made no matter what.

But what's this! All the butter is gone? I literally gasped and knew that somewhere in Savannah a little part of Paula Dean died that night.

Well- like I said those peaches were going to eat themselves. I googled Vegan Peach Cobbler and almost every recipe just subbed vegan butter for butter! I think that's cheating. I'm looking at you vegans!

I was growing restless when I thought- hey maybe a crumble instead! That needs butter too- but what if I used granola instead? Well hello gorgeous! Let's do this!

 So the closest thing we have to granola was this.


I am ashamed! WTC and I don't really eat cereal. WTC makes eggs almost everyday and I usually make a protein smoothie (with almond milk, Greek yogurt, and a fruit of some type).
I don't even know who this man is. 
Well whatever, this will have to do.


 Peel and chop your peaches and add to ~1/2 c crunchie cereal.


To this add some honey (I enjoy local honey fresh from the hive!) some cinnamon (~1/2 tsp), some pumpkin pie spice (~1 tsp) and about 1-2 tsp vanilla extract. I just dashed a bit here, slung some there- you know Rachel Ray esque baking. 
(I'm done with the food network references, I swear!)

Mix and add to a 8X8X2 baking pan.

I baked this at 350 (only because I had other things baking at that temp at the same time) for ~ 15 minutes (Basically I couldn't wait another minute). 

Take out of the oven and put some of that defrosted whipped cream on it! YUM. Not bad for a near crisis!


Also- I gave WTC a bite from a peach treat I whipped up last week and he recoiled in horror. I had no idea what his issue was- but he said, "The skins are still on this!" Apparently I am an absolute werido because I eat the skins on my peaches. WTC said he had never known anyone to do this- and I really don't eat them any other way. SO this recipe is sans skins but as you may have noticed my peach blueberry clobber was created with skins and had no complaints, just saying...

SO- who is the odd one. Me (SSC) who eats the peaches WITH skins- or WTC who insists on NO skins.

Leave a comment- tell me your thoughts on this manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Holla! Holla! This sounds delicious! Also, I think the peach skins are gross out!!!! But, my hubby eats peaches like apples with the skins on!

    ReplyDelete