Friday, August 19, 2011

How Do You Fix a Broken Tomato?

Tomato paste.

I'll let that laughter die down a bit...


OK but for reals y'all- I am DONE with tomatoes. We've had a good run, it's been fun, it's not you, it's me and no we cannot be friends.

This is how I got rid of all my tomatoes. I made a new tomato sauce. Slow cooker style because did I mention I was DONE? DONE. No more, that includes all effort with these.

 Cut up a bajillion tomatoes. 
Just kidding- that's such a Southern number too- a bajillion. How many zeros is that? Probably too many to count- like microbes- dilute that motha! TMTC- HOLLA at my science girlies out there!
Ok, TRUTH. I had ~ 9 honkin' beefy tomatoes that I used.
Skins and all too- but let's be real - if you run into a huge seed pocket- toss it.


 Add to your slow cooker pot.
Spice it up- red pepper flakes, dried basil and oregano, fresh basil (still trying to use up my hydroponic basil), minced garlic, salt pepper. 
I also added ~1/4 c EVOO and 1/4 c water. If I made this again I would not put in the water.
Easy.






Set to low for 12 hours.

Get out your food processor- puree like there is no tomorrow. 

YUM!
 We made Shirataki Noodles. Mama Shute introed us to these- and I'll be honest I was skeptical. But ultimate tester= WTC. He. Loved. Them. They have the texture of a noodle (unlike spaghetti squash) and absorb whatever flavor you put on them. Fabulous. You must check them out.

Finished products- WTC's with turkey sausage. 

Mine with  roasted eggplant and peppers.

Both were topped with cheese. 
The only reason stopping me from becoming a vegan. Cheese. Love it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment